Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WOW, what a day today was at work. I cannot go into details about this but God is truly testing me in every way he knows how. You know that old saying about God only gives you what you can take and what does not break you will only make you stronger -- well that is bullshit! I was and am strong to begin with -- if I get any stronger I might be too full of myself. I guess what he is trying to teach me is patience, something I know I don't have.


Okay, the surgery is next Thursday and I am still scared but I know I will get through this as well. The Dr told me I will be in the hospital for 4 days and then not able to drive for up to three weeks with drains. I hate drains (these little juice like bombs that hang from you to collect all unwanted fluid from your wounds). Iqbal tries to help me drain them but I know he cannot stand the sight of blood. Moore (mom) and Hamid are very good at this. What would I do without them?

This weekend, I will have to buy this Wedge pillow everyone is talking about to make sure I can prop myself up when I get home from the hospital. I need to make sure there are plenty of snacks and easy to eat meals for the kids -- for those of you who has not had my son at their house, you should know for an 8 1/2 year old he is an eater. I cannot keep enough "American" food in the house for him. Hanna (nina) can live on bread if I let her. What a huge difference a boys and girls make.

No comments:

Post a Comment